I had to make a list of whom accessed the webmail system at work and when. Here is a way to do it with logparser if you have your IIS logs in normal IIS format.
- Get the IIS logs from the web server front end of the
webmail server. Dump them into a location like g:\logs\owa
- Grab a copy of MS Log Parser
- Make a text file called WebAccess.sql and put the following
commands in the sql text file.
(cs-username IS NOT NULL)
(sc-status = 200)
GROUP BY Date, cs-username
- Put the ms log parser and your WebAccess.sql into the g:\logs folder
- Execute this command at a command line in the folder with ms log
Logparser.exe file:WebmailAccess.sql -i:IISW3C -o:CSV
- If you want it to go to a file just add > WebmailUsers.csv to the end
- of the command in step four above. That will redirect the output to a csv you can open in excel.